Devotionals: There will be Miracles, when you Believe

Matthew 27:54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

Have you ever doubted something someone said to you, or said would happen? Maybe your mom said, “You’re gonna be a rock star one day honey!”, or your teacher says, “You’re gonna go really far! I can see it.” You reply with a smirk, or smart reply. “No. Not really. Maybe…..”  
It could even be something more serious, whereas you’re Doctor says, “There is a 90% chance that the cell  is cancerous.” Do you believe in the extra 10% chance that it is not?
Both scenarios are examples of how we as humans can quickly fall into doubt. We all fall victim to it, many times in our lives. We go on disbelieving, distrusting, suspecting; drawing all types of confusion in our minds. Doubt is what put Jesus to death, and has caused others much heartache.
 This is why God  wants us to believe and have faith. Especially, in Him and his Son. Matthew 17:20 says, “He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."  

Faith as small as a mustard seed. That is all you need, to move your mountain. It starts as a seed. The seed is  sown. Then it is is planted. sprouts, and then blossoms into a flower full grown.Imagine that. Doesn't it sound beautiful?
In the book of Matthew we learn about Jesus's life, recruiting of disciples,his teachings, miracles, up until his death at. After gathering and instructing his disciples; Jesus and his men went to work non-stop, teaching, healing, rebuking, and delivering people all over the region of Galilee.

When many of the religious leaders saw Jesus and his disciples doing all of this, they could not believe their eyes. The elders, Pharisees, and centurion (professional roman officers), wanted to put him to death. They questioned why this man claimed he was the son of God, and why he spoke the way he did as if he had authority and power. They made him out to be a liar, and doubted his claims. 
With this mindset, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, was persecuted,humiliated, and crucified on the cross. The charge against him, written above his head said “THIS IS JESUS. THE KING OF THE JEWS”. It was doubt that put our King on the cross.
So what do you think would have happened if the people had just had believed? Only God knows.  We must remember that all of this was foreseen, and predestined to happen. God knew that the they would deny his son, before their hearts even knew. He knew that they would persecute him, and that their doubt would lead to his son’s death. All of this was done  in Gods will, and in the end a miracle was birthed. Jesus was resurrected on the third day. 

Matthew 27:54, tells us of the things that took place; right after Jesus closed his eyes and died. The earth shook, rocks split, and earthquakes began to happen. Dead people were even raised from their tombs. After all of this, the people started to believe but it was too late. His spirit had already left his body, and he was dead. There was nothing they could do.
With this said, I pray today that doubt will not get in the way of your/our daily goals and dreams. I pray that when someone speaks “Life” into us, we will accept with an open heart and mind. Sometimes we may not be able to see what lies ahead, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  All things are possible through Jesus. Just Believe.

Be Encouraged,